Length: 2 hours, Price: $75
To see available dates/times, use the “Choose a Session” drop down box below.
This class provides an overview of the most important techniques and practices to use Excel efficiently including Navigation, Customization, Formatting, Data Management, Printing and Shortcuts.
This course is perfect for those of all comfort levels. No previous experience is assumed or required, but we do recommend considering our comprehensive Excel Training Class before registering for this class. Open to All.
Section One – Navigating and Customizing Excel
- Navigation – easily navigate within a Spreadsheet and between Spreadsheets, learn how to efficiently use formulas and references across multiple Spreadsheets and Workbooks
- Customizing your Navigation – customize your toolbar, ribbon, tabs and command groups to work more quickly. Find and add commands not in the ribbon
- Customizing your Workbook – format the overall look and feel or your Excel Workbooks, use Excel Options to customize Language, Accessibility, Proofing, Interface, Hyperlinks and Social Media Connections
Section Two – Formatting Best Practices
- Formatting Cells – number formats, border, alignment, text, and fill. Set defaults quickly and easily
- Hiding Columns and Rows – various techniques to hide columns and rows based on purpose and efficiency
- Split Screens – split and arrange screens, view workbooks and worksheets side by side, quickly switch between windows to edit across multiple spreadsheets
Section Three – Data Management
- Sorting and Filtering – fool-proof sorting techniques, filtering with and without tables and charts
- Conditional Formatting – add background color, banded rows and columns, choosing and setting formatting rules
- Charts, Tables, Graphs – best practices to create the smartest Charts and to use those Charts across multiple platforms including PowerPoint and Word, learn how to link and unlink data across platforms, utilize Tables as references for other features within Excel
Section Four – Printing
- Page Layout, Page Breaks, Page Preview & Print
- Trouble-shooting, Most common mistakes to avoid, Advanced Printing techniques
Section Five – Shortcuts
- Keyboard Shortcuts and Autofill Handle
- Shortcut Techniques – AutoSum shortcuts, Advanced Editing Tools, Common Functions
Question & Answer – this is a live seminar that can accommodate your questions.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion. Course materials include an easy to use reference guide and practice problems. All sessions of this class are currently virtual. Participation is easy. All you need is an internet connection; we will do the rest.
We have morning, afternoon and evening classes available. See the drop down menu in the section below to find available classes.
Classes are listed using Eastern Time:
If you do not receive a confirmation email after registering, please contact us at email@example.com.